This position reports directly to the Director of Construction. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in managing construction projects, responsibility for budgeting, scheduling, quality assurance, safety on the job site and will ensure compliance with plans, specifications and relevant building codes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine and define scope of work and deliverables
- Predict resources needed to complete project
- Obtain necessary permits, approvals, and other regulatory prerequisites
- Draft and submit budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Manage costs in order to meet budget
- Provide direction over contracts and subcontracts
- Manage construction schedule and activities
- Issue progress updates as needed regarding costs and timelines
- Ensure work is done in compliance with all relevant building and safety codes
- Select and manage subcontractor and supplier relationships
- Coordinate efforts across entire project between architects, designers, engineers, and subcontractors
- Ensures compliance with an OSHA compliant safety program for not only the company, but also for all sub-contractors.
- Responsible for all aspects of identifying, qualifying and selecting quality sub-contractors.
- Coordinates plans, specifications and bids to finalize subcontractor scopes.
- Build and maintain favorable relationships with building officials and inspectors.
- Must be able to create a favorable relationship with the project designers including the owner, architect and engineers.
- Must have excellent follow-thru to final project closeout.
- 5-7 years of experience in project management within the construction industry.
- Must have excellent organization, communication (both written and verbal) and time management skills.
- Must possess good judgement and have a sense of urgency when dealing with issues.
- Must have a personal commitment to safety, integrity and high moral values.
- Must have proficient computer skills with ability to work in Microsoft Office Suite products and Project Management software.
- Comfortable reading and understanding blueprints and drawings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction, engineering, and architecture principles.
- Ability to budget, schedule, negotiate, and control costs.
- High degree of familiarity with contract and subcontract documents, terms, and conditions.