In this role, you will be empowered to lead a survey department, which means you’ll have the support and advocacy of the Director and the Executive Team at HFA. We seek a team player and a resourceful individual who will support on-going operations through direct involvement with data processing, survey crew support, and some AutoCAD/ Civil 3D drafting to meet and mange deadlines. Therefore, the individual must have demonstrated experience and good technical ability with these items. The individual will be responsible and direct the team in performing land surveys, property and right-of-way determinations, boundary research and platting. The individual will also create project estimates, job proposals, and be responsible for the financial performance of projects.
HFA is an established architecture and engineering firm with a 30-year successful work history. We are a tech-enabled firm and currently experiencing growth. We seek to enhance our survey department with an experienced professional land surveyor with an entrepreneurial mindset to build this business sector of HFA. This is an important role with client-facing responsibility providing an opportunity to Lead with Excellence, one of our core values.
Within the first 30 days, you’ll evaluate existing systems and processes and make suggestions on improvements/efficiencies. Working in conjunction with the Director, you’ll map out a marketing and business development strategy within 90 days. This includes exploration of growth opportunities in digital scanning (interior & exterior) and drones. This role has a high potential for the right person to fast-track to greater responsibilities.
• Manage deadlines and deliverables
• Communicate with in-house clients
• Coordinate end product deliverables
• Willingness to help out in a pinch to meet deadlines
• Take client direction and act quickly
• Maintaining a schedule of assigned tasks visible to the in-house client and internal managers
• Routinely network and raise awareness about services to existing, past and prospecting for future clients.
• Ability to produce surveys, lot splits, ALTA’s, as-builts, boundary/topographic, etc.
• Ability to coordinate construction staking. An understanding of Trimble software, Trimble business center, Trimble sync, etc.
• Ability to process raw survey data.
• Proficient in Civil 3D.
Your Expertise and Passion
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to contribute and work well on a team
• Licensed professional land surveyor with a demonstrated experience of 7 years
• Working knowledge of Trimble, or Leica Surveying Equipment
• Perform land surveys, property and right-of-way determinations, boundary research and platting